Monday, May 19, 2008

Rimche to Thulo Syabru

‘Thulo’ means ‘big’ in Nepali, so I was wary of this place, and its hills, with good reason. The entire town is built on the side of a small mountain, which we climbed to the top of before stopping for the day. I don’t remember removing my boots at the end of the day because I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the one to do it; I think I passed out from tired before that happened.

On the way to Thulo, we managed to acquire a stray dog, which followed us for five kilometers or so before deciding that the group with the woman formerly on a horse smelled better, or worse, or something. Mark and I carried on sans dog after checking our directions with some locals and then backtracking for 20 minutes to the correct path.

Looked for the lost map as we backtracked. Map china. [Map I haven't got.]

No comments: