Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kathmandu to Syabrubesi

Elevation: TBD
Time on the bus: 10¼ h

Ten and a quarter hours bus ride up, down and over. Had a very full bladder, which nearly made me cry, particularly when the bus conductor (like a train conductor: collects money, keeps track of folks’ stops) told me we didn’t have time at that stop for me to find a loo! I went anyway and, no, the bus didn’t leave without me.

Got rained upon before we got the tarp up and even a bit afterwards, too. Oh, and rode atop the bus, hence the getting rained upon. Beautiful scenery, cautious bus driver, but very crowded bus. Had to haggle over the price of the ticket once we reached Syabrubesi (yes, yes, should have figured it out before we got on the bus…), but were comfortable with the final outcome of 460 NRs for both of us.

Walked ‘round the stupa, found a rain cover for my pack (a kid’s rain poncho, we got a picture), and ate our first trail meal.

No comments: