Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The election has set things right

I am impressed with the US's efficiency during this election. Granted, I moved timezones, but I was able to know the results of the presidential election before I went to bed; heck, several hours before I went to bed.

Indeed, I imagine that there were some wrinkles in the national fabric of the election though I can only speak for Colorado: voter records were purged that shouldn't have been, mail-in ballots weren't mailed because the NGO to which the task was farmed out failed to deliver, the lines at the polls were anticipated to be hours long and at least 1000 voters were sent home from the polls without voting for one reason or another.

Though I had a feeling of dread going into it...
Though I had a feeling of resignation going into it...
Though it took me months to want to get involved in a campaign...
(because the election is all about me...)

Barak Obama has been elected the 44th president of the United States.
Amendment 48 to the Colorado State Constitution was defeated, 75% NO to 25% YES last numbers I saw.
Colorado is a 'blue' state.
My friend and his mom (no joke) somehow got those 1000 voters back to the polls and they successfully voted.

My life's cloud suddenly has a silver lining.

No comments: