Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coming soon to a state near you: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I just watched a terrifying YouTube video about women who were forced to give birth to children in the way that their respective states saw fit, as opposed to how they (and in some cases, their doctors) saw fit because of 'fetal rights' laws, such as those that Personhood USA is trying to enact all over the US (and successfully did so in North Dakota). I shan't embed the video in this post, since that would muck with folks' ability to load the page, but I shall link to it.

Please, go watch, become outraged, and act on the next women's or fetal rights* campaign that comes to your attention.

*Chances are I would encourage you to act in favor of women's rights and against the fetal rights, but just ask and I'll give you the best answer I know.

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

I was hoping this would be a happy post, because The Handmaid's Tale is a great book and movie. Anyway, I'm glad we Colorado voters kicked this personhood nonsense to the curb.